I am a Research Assistant Professor in the Department of Computer and Information Science at the University of Pennsylvania and in the Department of Biomedical and Health Informatics at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia. I am a member of the PRECISE Center, the Technical Advisor for the Center for Devices, Health, and Technology, on the Executive Committee for the Community Collaboratory for Co-Creation (Penn4c), the SEAS Faculty Advisor for Penn Bootcamp, and the Director of the Medical Device Club.
My research develops foundations and tools for safety guarantees and predictable performance of learning-enabled cyber-physical systems (CPS) - primarily targeting the internet-of-medical-things (IoMT) and autonomous vehicles (AVs). Specifically, my research aims to develop tools and techniques to address challenges arising from “thin data”, which can be caused by unmodeled variability, dataset shifts, anomalies, and sensing constraints. Find out more here.
I am a Co-Founder of Neuralert Technologies and Vasowatch.
- RT-ACL selected as a Best Paper Award Finalist at IEEE/ACM CHASE
- StrokeDetectAI licensed to Neuralert
- Reducing Social Isolation project funded by NSF SCC
- Steering committee for ICCPS 2022
- Neuralert stroke detector designated a breakthrough device by the US FDA
- Vasowatch selected for Penn-Health Tech Accelerator
- Child-Like Adversarial Learning project funded by ARO MURI
- Raproto smartwatch platform publicly released
- Vasowatch receives Penn Nursing Innovation Award 2021